Tuesday 9 October 2018

We Thank Thee O God For Our Prophet!

Bonjour!

Starting with some bad news first.. my pictures all deleted so I don't have many to send today, but one of the Elders in my mission taught me how I can get them back so within the week I'm praying I have all of my past 15 1/2 MONTHS worth of pictures and videos back!!

Well this week was great and to top it off it was Thanksgiving AND General Conference weekend!!! So awesome! 

We started the holiday with our first turkey dinner Friday with the Purnells and some family and friends of theirs, including Joe who just got married to a member in the ward and we were able to have a lesson in after supper for Joe with everyone present! We are going to help him be ready for baptism early winter!

Saturday we had General Conference!!!! Oh yeah!! And there was also the Women's Session that night! Oh so good! There was a cute little fall desserts afterwards so it was all apple and cinnamon and pumpkin and apple and cinnamon and haha so good!  

Sunday was the rest of Conference and we also had our second turkey dinner!  We had several more offered for dinner that day and then we were going to have TWO dinners Monday night and go our for lunch with James but we had to very sadly cancel on everyone as we were asked to drive down to Edmonton.

... It was so devastating to say no to all those meals, but we were very very thankful and grateful for the love of the members and non members in our area!

We did have a lovely meal yesterday with the Travelling Sisters at a member's home and I loved the cat more then the meal! Haha he was sooo sooo sooo sooo fluffy!!! 

I know that President Russell M. Nelson is God's chosen Prophet on the earth today, that we have the guidance from God through His Prophet, Apostles and other leaders in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Some things that I wrote down in my notes from the inspiring messages are listed below:

"God is personally invested in your success"

"Pray that the Lord may lead you to someone you can serve for Him"

"The Lord is aware of physical pains and spiritual struggles"

"Repentance is the plan, knowing we would fail"

"No one else can do what a righteous woman can do"

"Love what the Lord loves"

"It is between you and God anyways"

I encourage everyone who was not able to watch General Conference this weekend that you will take the time to write your questions and as you also take the time to watch the inspired messages and listen to the uplifting music, I promise that the questions you write down will be answered! You will feel peace! You will feel hope! You will feel comfort!

To those who did have a chance to watch Conference, I encourage you to write a common theme you noticed in 1 sentence, then to write down in 5 sentences what you learned or was studied out to you and share that with someone else! 

Lots of love!


Sister Tatjana Zumbach

No comments:

Post a Comment