Friday 19 October 2018

LEADERS don't...

Bonjour! 

It has been a while, wow! We have P-day (preparation day) today due to the whole Zone being here for Zone Conference Saturday and then Stake Conference Sunday. So that means that we had 8 Sisters in the apartment last night!!!! So fun!!!! 
Tetris with the sleeping arrangements... ?
In other news, President Pattison has assigned me as a Sister Training Leader (STL), for the Grande Prairie Zone... !?!?! That's why we were in Edmonton last week, I had some meetings to go to, including the Missionary Leadership Council (MLC).
Missionary Leadership Council group pic
Road trip with the Zone leaders back to GP
Welcome to Grande Prairie
Tim's lunch provided by Nick, a member in GP
So I've been trying to figure out my new role, including  a training that I had a week to prepare for Zone Conference tomorrow! I would have had a week and a half however I also conduct exchanges now so, I had one planned with the Fort Saint John Sisters from Wednesday to tomorrow evening. 

I was with Sister Millward Wednesday afternoon to dinner Thursday. She is fresh from the MTC! She is from Utah, had her 20th Birthday Wednesday, and though she is a little quiet (like me haha) she is an AWESOME missionary, and willing to put in her all to the work! We had a lesson with Joseph on the law of chastity and the word of wisdom. Thursday morning we also met with Sandy! I met Sandy a couple weeks ago with Sister Rivera, and we finally set up a time to meet and talk!  We introduced the Book of Mormon to him, and he was really excited that we gifted him with one at the end of our meeting. 
Lesson with Sandy and Sister Millward
The rest of Thursday I was with Sister Herzog (Sister Millward's companion and trainer) after having dinner all together. We didn't get to do much together yet unfortunately because we had to let the Hills come inspect our apartment, and gave us a new bed frame that we had to set up.
Setting up a new bed frame with the Slave Lake Sisters
 When P-day ends, we are going to do some FINDing and have a lesson with James!

Something that was said in the MLC meeting that I loved was: "Leaders don't create followers. They create more leaders". That has become my motto as a Sister Training Leader. I want to influence the sisters in such a way that they feel they have a voice and can lead in any situation. 

Have a great week!

Lots of love!

Sister Tatjana Zumbach

No comments:

Post a Comment