Tuesday 23 October 2018

The Influence of the ONE


Bonjour!

Well it has been a busy weekend! I'll start with the beginning...

Friday evening Sister Herzog and I had a little bit of time between the activity we had just finished and before we had to go to a lesson. We decided to go to the tracting spot we had chosen that morning. We knew we would only have 10 minutes however we went with faith, calling down angels and miracles.
Exchanges with Sister Herzog
 We knocked at the door of a former however no one was home, feeling that she wasn't the one we had been sent to the street for, we walked across the street and knocked at this door. A mother answered soon followed by husband. As we got talking we shared some principles with them and invited them to church. They were really excited about it being in the afternoon! Sister Herzog and I knew after leaving that they were the ones we had been sent for, and we were so grateful we chose to be diligent and act on our faith. 

Our lesson was at the Diniz home with James. We read Ether 12 with him, talking about faith, miracles, weaknesses and strengths.
Diniz baby eating my finger... yum!
 That night all 8 Sisters did face masks! 
8 Sisters! Face masks ...
...  & Zone Conference
Yeah! So fun... Sister Pattison posted it on our Mission Facebook chat. 

Saturday! Probably the busiest day! We started with Zone Conference which was all morning and half of the afternoon!


Zone Conference & our pumpkins 
 I gave my training after the Elders gave theirs and the participation was great!
Giving my training
 We had a long lunch since the Stake put on a Pig Roast for everyone, so lots of members and lots of friends! 

Pig Roast!
I was privileged to see many families that I love and miss from Peace River so that was tender.
Our English class family - at the Pig Roast ...
... and dinner at their home
Selena and Joseph came along with our English class family!! We had interviews with President then headed off to dinner at the Wray's! 

Dinner at the Wray's
It was a great time, enjoying the food, enjoying the company, and enjoying the Spirit. Being the eldest Sister, I was asked to give a blessing on the food and I led the discussion/lesson after dinner. Everyone shared their favourite Book of Mormon story. The Holy Ghost was building up as each story and principles from those stories were shared. After everyone had shared, I had the opportunity to testify. I know that there is power in the Book of Mormon. I love that book more then any other book! I am so grateful for companions who have been so diligent in reading from it everyday. I know that their example has helped me to take more time to study and ponder than simply read it. I testify, in the name of the Lord, that the Book of Mormon is true. 

Sunday was great, we had Stake Conference in the morning, did some contacting in the afternoon and then had dinner with our Spanish family that comes to English class! They are the sweetest! We were able to share the story of how the Book of Mormon came to be.

Yesterday we visited someone in the hospital and then had dinner at DQ with some members!
Elevator pic at the Hospital
 Following our dinner, we went FINDing at the park and enjoyed the pretty, full moon!
Pretty night & moon!
 We then had a lesson at the Wray's for which Zhen Zhen was present! She has accepted a baptism date so we are working on helping her baptized by the end of the year! So exciting! 

Have a great week!

Lots of Love!

Sister Tatjana Zumbach

No comments:

Post a Comment