Tuesday 1 May 2018

Welcome to...

Bonjour!
HAPPY 20th BIRTHDAY to ME!
Transfers were Wednesday!! As you all know, Sister Zazymko went home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She had an amazing mission and it was time to say goodbye for a little while. 
Sister Zazymko went home
This of course means that I needed a new companion! So President went ahead and told me on my transfer call, that I was being placed in a trio (meaning three missionaries in one companionship),
and that he was moving me from Fort Saskatchewan and placing me in a YSA Ward right in the middle of the city of EDMONTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

The area is doing so well that President split up the existing companionship and placed them with new companions. So the 5 of us live together (we just received bunk beds
Setting up the bunk bed
yesterday, so up until then it has been a mess moving in!), we share a car and bus passes. So as you can probably imagine, there are now 5 little Sisters

5 little Sisters running all around
running all around our area from lessons to finding to meetings to service! It's been a blast!!!!

So my companions' names are Sister Beauchat (Rigby, Idaho; she has been out 15 months) and Sister Karcher (Southern Oregon; she has been out 4 months- she just finished her 12 week training!). We live with Sister Cook (Oregon; she has been out 16 months) and Sister Fox (Cardston, Alberta; she has been out, well about a total 4 months too). 

Meal with the only male member that feeds Sisters, he didn't have enough cups! haha
So many crazy things have happened with my not-even-one-week here, however one highlight was the dinner we had last night with our neighbours across the hall! I met them a couple nights ago, and then the other Sisters ran into them and they invited us over for dinner! So last night we had dinner with them.
Our meal with the neighbours

They are so fun! One of them accepted us to share with him more words about the Lord Jesus Christ so we are looking forward to that. 
Spotted some Mandarin Elders walking around
We also taught the entire Book of Mormon map to a family we met at the park Sunday. My companions thought it was so cool, because I had told them that morning that we were going to teach the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to someone today. One of them admitted after it happened that she hadn't thought it was going to happen, and then it had! I am so grateful that I can strengthen my Sisters and myself by exercising faith in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. I know that "faith proceeds the miracles".

Love you all lots!! 

Sister Tatjana Zumbach

No comments:

Post a Comment