Tuesday 8 May 2018

Life is never slow...

Bonjour!

Life is never slow in the city! It has been so nice and sunny this past week which has been fantastic. Life is also never boring with 3-5 Sisters
and occasionally more missionaries! My favourite game is "find the missionaries"! It is particularly fun to look for the trio of Mandarin Elders (sent a picture of them last week) Haha  ☺

We have done lots of LRT contacting. LRT is a public transit/busing system which is great for contacting young adults. And everyone else in between! I've learned, and my companions tell me, of how good I am at striking up a conversation and talking to those around me. 
At the LRT station
I love that we are invited to talk to everyone. One young adult man I met on the LRT was watching something on his phone and I asked if it was STAR WARS (you know, May the 4th?), he said no and went back to watching. I gave it a second attempt and he put it away and we had a discussion about missionary work and school–he gave me good advice too!  

I talked to another young man, who apparently had been sleeping all day and we talked about why he was in Canada, if he was religious, what I was doing in Edmonton. At the end of the ride we got off and I invited him to church the following day and invited him to download the Book of Mormon app. He didn't make it to church because he was sleeping but he downloaded the app and was checking it out! Awesome!

We also had exchanges!! Sister Beauchat and I said bye bye to Sister Karcher for the following 24 hours and welcomed Sister Morris to the city.
Welcome, Sister Morris
 On our way to a park that evening, we stopped a mom, who was on her way home. She opened up right away saying she was actively religious however hasn't been reading the Bible constantly recently. We invited her to meet and read with her from the Bible and this other book of scripture that testifies of Christ's ministry to the America's (aka The Book of Mormon!). We also sent her a video on messenger and she said she loved it! Could have missed a great opportunity had we just beelined it to the park to talk to people there. Which we still did after talking to her. We met another mom who had investigated the church for a year before taking off with Cirque du Soleil ...! Yep haha she asked her daughter if she wanted to go to church sometime. So that was a cool evening.

We helped with a lemonade stand Saturday
Helping with the lemonade stand
and we also did campus singing yesterday. That was fun. We have a small group of missionaries gather and sing hymns to people walking by. 

This morning we attended the Temple. In this beautiful House of the Lord I was able to feel God's love and the love of others that pray for us missionaries.
Attending the Temple
 I am grateful that I can spend this time serving my Heavenly Father and Saviour Jesus Christ, and all of God's children, in the Edmonton area. I know that as I talk to everyone around me, Heavenly Father will provide a way for me and his children that are prepared to meet so that they can benefit from the restored gospel of Jesus Christ.

Love you all!

Sister Tatjana Zumbach

No comments:

Post a Comment