Tuesday 22 May 2018

Jesus the Christ

Bonjour!

It is going to warm up a lot this week, and this week was really nice as well! 

A couple highlights from the week:

ZONE CONFERENCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love, love, love Zone Conference! It creeps up too fast being near or in the city, however, I still enjoy it. We were trained on several things, including how to better work with the members, how to use the Doctrine of Christ in our day- to-day activities, and President Pattison demonstrated the Plan of Salvation map (which most of us already do, so it was a refresher and reminder to use it). Sister Pattison trained us on table manners and etiquette,
then we practised during our lunch together.













We continue to use the bus as a way to get around when we don't have the car and I briefly met this very nice Indian man, who asked to take a selfie with me before I got off. 

We had a messenger lesson with a young lady named Livia. She had some good questions about what are some differences in our church from other religions. We told her one of the differences was that we read and teach from the Bible as well as another book of scripture called the Book of Mormon. What makes us different from other Christian religions is that we have a prophet and twelve Apostles called by God who hold His priesthood (or His authority) to preach and act in His name, the same organization Christ had when He was on the Earth.

She was very curious to know more so we set up a time to do so for Thursday this coming week. Apparently some Elders met her street-contacting and she was very excited about our meeting. Yay!

One of the members we had dinner with this week asked what more he could do to help with the work, so we decided to set up a lemonade and cookie stand in the park on Victoria Day.

So come the day arrives, Sister Cook has spent her entire morning making what we estimated to be 200+ cookies. Well, the cooler spout had broken this weekend apparently so by the time we figured out how to fix it, we ended up setting up our table on Whyte Ave. The cookies were a success and the lemonade as well due to how hot it was out. We talked to many different people and hope to be meeting with some in the coming weeks.

 It will never cease to amaze me how many people will ask us if we are Christians and that say we do not believe in Jesus Christ. It is right on our badge, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Right there for all to see. Page and page again in the Book of Mormon and the other scriptures, He is mentioned. As a companionship, Sister Beauchat, Sister Karcher and I have also started reading Jesus the Christ. Although I don't understand every word, because the author uses really big words, I get the main point. It is so good! I am so grateful for Jesus Christ and His gospel. I am a better daughter, sister, friend, person and missionary because of it. It has given me guidance when I've been lost. It has brought me peace and comfort when the storms of the adversary are brewing. It has brought me confidence when I have stared fear in the face. It has given me hope when others around me see the negative. 

I invite you all to find a place for Christ in your life. This might mean giving up or cutting out some things, but it is all worth it.

Lots of love!


Sister Tatjana Zumbach

No comments:

Post a Comment