Tuesday 19 June 2018

All of the above!

Bonjour!

So my email today had many name options:

A) ONE YEAR!
B) Happy Fathers Day!
C) "Our pets' heads are falling off!"
D) All of the above!

A) ONE YEAR! As of June 14th 2018, I have accomplished serving the Lord and His children for a year! 
My first day going to the MTC last year and one year later
Sister Young 1 year, me 2 months; now me 1 year and Sister Mitchell 2 months
To celebrate, Sister Mitchell and I decided to make a cake... well first off we got all the ingredients we thought we needed.. plus some extra ones.. and came to find out  Tuesday night that we didn't have a cake pan! Thankfully we had some reusable tin ones that we were able to use and made two circular cakes. We didn't make the icing until Wednesday night which is when we found out that we didn't have any icing sugar. Well then we went neighbour-knocking and we didn't beg but we went and asked four different neighbours if they had icing sugar. We went next door, this nice Asian couple offer us half their bag of regular sugar. The neighbours next to that also had regular sugar and asked if we wanted some salt... Well it was getting to be around 9:45 and as you all know we go to bed at 10:30 and so we decide to try this one more house and the husband says that his wife used up all of their icing sugar making icing for a cake... though he went and asked her anyways and lo and behold, she had some and gave it all to us! Such a blessing! We are going to make all our neighbours cookies and deliver them to them this week. 
Making the cake
My district
B) Happy Fathers Day!

I am so blessed to have many father figures in my life. I hope everyone enjoyed spending time with yours, or thinking of memories and special moments with your dad. I hope that everyone will take a minute and share this video Earthly Father, Heavenly Father with your father and express your love and appreciation for him every day. 

C) "Our pets' heads are falling off!"

So, we have learned that caterpillars are attracted to me. I found one on the sidewalk and I was trying to move it to safety and then it decided to come on my shoe!

 So I walked with it for a while, found a safe spot and removed it from my shoe.

Well. We arrive home that night, and I turn around in my chair and THERE is a caterpillar hanging from one of my bags!!! Well it was hanging upside down, curved and as we've adopted, was cocooning! So we didn't move him. Instead we called him Spiky Carl ☺
Spiky Carl
We get home the next day and Spiky Carl is now fully in his cocoon or chrysalis! Well upon further investigation we come to find that his head has come off!?! So now the saying we use for whenever things don't go right has come to pass...  "Our pets' heads are falling off!"
Mitch (in green) and Dallin dinner
Pizzas night with Leah 
Violet!
So that is a summary of my week! Haha 

I'm so grateful for all the examples in my life that have help me get to this point. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to share the Gospel, which means so much to me, with others. I am know that Christ lives and that He leads his church by a Prophet and Apostles. 

Have a marvellous week! Lots of love!


Sister Tatjana Zumbach

No comments:

Post a Comment