Tuesday 5 June 2018

Movie Night: Meet the Mormons

Bonjour!

Well it has been cooler this week, weather-wise. It has been rainy a couple days this week which is so great! 

Rainy Day
So we met this guy named Carlos a couple weeks ago, I may have mentioned him... anyways we have had trouble getting in contact with him. Well we stopped by Friday and he was home!! And then we decided it would be better if we had the Spanish Elders talk to him so set up a meeting for the following night at the same time! And they hit it off so well! Haha It was great to see someone taught in their native language. I was supposed to help out with two different French appointments yesterday and both fell through unfortunately but I'm happy to continue studying in both English and French. 

We had another lemonade stand Saturday with the Mandarin Elders. We invited everyone who stopped to the movie night we were having Sunday evening. One of the people I invited showed up! 


Lemonade stand
Come to Movie Night!
So yeah, to end off the week we had a Movie Night! It was so awesome! We created an event on Facebook, and I even created some cute little invites that we printed and passed out the weeks leading up to the event. And it was such a success! So many people came!! We made lots of treats, got the comfy chairs, and set up the projector. And then watched Meet the Mormons. I love that movie!
Movie Night!
...with refreshments
One of the other girls we invited came with her friend. After the movie we asked if they liked it and her friend said it was very inspiring. We asked her later which of the five stories she liked best. She said she liked the last one because she could relate her story to her own life. The Sisters will be meeting later this week with her. If you haven't seen the movie before or want to watch it again, go to http://lds.org  and search Meet the Mormons and it should pop up as the third option. ☺

The movie covers 5 lives that have been blessed by this wonderful gospel, but there are so many of us all over the world! I am one that has been blessed by the beautiful message of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Like those in the movie, I am a better person for the knowledge that being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints has brought me. I know I am a daughter of God, that my Saviour loves me and that I am blessing the lives of others as I share with them this knowledge. 

Lots of love!

Sister Tatjana Zumbach

No comments:

Post a Comment