Tuesday 3 July 2018

King of Kings

Bonjour!

Again lots of options for the title as there were so many things that happened!!!! 
Spiky Carl came out of his chrysalis
First, last Tuesday Sister Mitchell and I were privileged to go to Jasper National Park!



 It was a full day trip, which we really enjoyed the beauties of nature! 



Dinner with Glenn!! Our newest member!! He is so sweet!!
Potluck
Leah is a scary driver at times... haha Half of Glenn's meal spilled in the car (okay not really)
I got I nasty scratch on my nose from our trip... Sister Mitchell likes to tell people that I got in a fight with a baby bear hahaha

Wednesday was also a full day! We had Zone Conference from 9-2:30 

then from 3-7 we had a 5K run/walk and BBQ in celebration of our Mission's 20th anniversary!! 

President and Sister Pattison
Our District decided to show our unity by all wearing blue to Zone Conference!




 I also invested in some blue shirts and wrote our district names on the back–get it? We are the Kingsway Missionaries!! 

?????? HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ??????
I love the opportunity I have to serve in this great country where we experience the comfort and freedom that other places around the world do not have. I loved singing all 4 verses of our beautiful National Anthem. 

I particularly like the first verse en Français. It does not translate to the same direct thing as the English verse. This is what it says:

"Thy brow is girded with glorious jewels! Because thine arm knoweth how to carry the sword, it knoweth how to carry the cross! Thy story is an epic of the most brilliant exploits. And thy valour, tempered with faith, will protect our homes and our rights, protect our homes and our rights." [some editing by Grandpa]

I love how in our National Anthem it has an entire verse on the Saviour's love for us! We enjoy the true north strong and free BECAUSE Jesus Christ is the at the centre of it! He is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords! He is the one I serve for He is the one that has called me to this service. I pray you will thank Him for the blessing to live in this beautiful, free country.

Lots of love!

Sister Tatjana Zumbach

No comments:

Post a Comment