Tuesday 9 January 2018

Remembering President Monson

Bonjour!

It's cold outside...
It was warmer last week and it is due to get cold again this week. So again lots of layers! And lots of snow!

New fashion
We have had several teaching visits with new people, and are now teaching 5-6 people. A couple of them are praying about baptism dates, which is awesome! 

One of the reasons why they are progressing, is due to member friends and the support members offer them. Which is great because that is the way it should be. One of my favourite quotes about this comes from President Monson. He has said: 

"Now is the time for members and missionaries to come together, to work together, to labor in the Lord's vineyards to bring souls unto Him."

In person District Meeting this week (the Bennetts, Elder Higham and Elder Ripley, Sister Oakeson and Sister Hall)
One other factor is that they are reading the Book of Mormon. In his last address to the World in Conference last spring, President Monson said:

"This morning I speak about the power of the Book of Mormon and the critical need we have ... to study, ponder, and apply its teachings in our lives." 

He concluded his talk by saying:

"... I implore each of us to prayerfully study and ponder the Book of Mormon each day. As we do so, we will be in a position to hear the voice of the Spirit, to resist temptation, to overcome doubt and fear, and to receive heaven’s help in our lives. I so testify with all my heart in the name of Jesus Christ, amen."

I add my testimony to his. I know that the Book of Mormon has power beyond our ability to fully comprehend. It has brought peace in troubled times, comfort when fears arise and guidance when I have been lost. 

I am so grateful for President Thomas S. Monson. I know he is a man of God. I know that he was chosen to by Heavenly Father to be His mouthpiece and serve His children (each one of us!). I am so thankful for all he did as a servant of God. 

I look forward to sustaining our new Prophet and two new Apostles. They are all chosen and called of God to do His work. I invite you all to go review President Monson's last talk: The Power of the Book of Mormon It will change your life for the better if you follow its counsel.

Hope you have great week!

Love you all lots!

Sister Tatjana Zumbach

No comments:

Post a Comment