Tuesday 2 January 2018

A Goal This Year

HAPPY 2018!!!

We got to -43°C with the windchill! But we are surviving... haha.. barely. No, for real, we are asked to not stay out too long when it does get to about -30°C. The other day we went out to knock on some doors and Sister Jones' goal last week was not to freeze to death. I ended up joining her in this goal as I had 4 layers on my legs, plus my slip and my skirt. Had two scarves, three pairs of socks on my feet and cardboard in the bottom of my shoes, and had to resort to putting socks on my hands because I left my nice pair of mitts in Edmonton and won't get them until next week... So yeah. As a member told us this week "Many are chosen but few are frozen"! So we survived, and we are enjoying the now -8°C of this week.

Apart from it being cold, Peace River is really nice with the snow, frost and ice–except when we both slip, slide, fall!!

As missionaries, we email every week, generally speaking; however we don't see or speak to our family or friends for the year and a half to two years that we are out. The only exceptions being for two video/phone calls home per year (so Christmas and Mother's day). So New Year's Eve I was able to Skype my family! It was great to see how all my sisters are getting older but are still pretty much the same–I love each one so much!

As I start this year as a missionary, as a servant of God, and a witness of Jesus Christ, I look forward to all the things I will accomplish, the things I can work on, and the closer I can become to my Saviour as I serve for this entire year. I would invite everyone, as the time has again come for us to set goals, that we consider a goal that will help us show our love and appreciation for the One that has done so much to "succor His people" (Alma 7:12). Could you give more time to a loved one? Could you make a meal every month to give to someone in need? Could you include the one that is always left out? Could you talk more face to face with others? We all have talents and strengths. Let us use them to not only make the world a better place, but to make our relationship with the Savour more significant.

That you feel His love and guidance in your life is my wish and prayer.

Lots of love!

Sister Tatjana Zumbach

No comments:

Post a Comment