Tuesday 18 December 2018

Sprinting to the Finish Line

Bonjour!

We are headed to the Temple at 3 pm today, and I am soooooooo excited!! It has undergone some renovations for the last 6 months and many missionaries haven't been able to go to the Temple since arriving in the Mission so everyone is super excited when the time and day comes for them to go! 

The week has been crazy busy--once again! FIRST, I CELEBRATED MY 18 MONTHS!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!! We did some more carolling, 

District carolling
we had a YSA Missionary meeting, helped at Roxy's, 

Roxy, her kids and us 
we helped with Santas Anonymous, and taught Shima (one of our members' co-workers) she is the sweetest! She came to the Stake Carol Festival--which was amazing!-- and loved it! She said she felt really good afterwards so I was able to tell her that it was the Holy Ghost! We are meeting again this week. We also had CHRISTMAS CONFERENCE

CHRISTMAS CONFERENCE!
It was a blast, I got to see all but one of my companions who are still in the field, plus many other Elders and Sisters that have been part of my journey! We played games, including a gift exchange, scripture jeopardy, pictionary with Christmas songs, and an escape room, which was super fun! We also had a talent show and it was the best! At the end of the conference all departing missionaries (that means ME!) were invited up to bear their testimonies. I would like to share it again here:

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened" - anonymous  

I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve a mission in Canada Edmonton. I've learned many things, including to love the Book of Mormon, how to more fully use the Atonement of Jesus Christ, and 

Throughout my mission I've been blessed with companions who have had a great love for the Book of Mormon. I have seen them diligently reading day after day, which has helped me to also develop a greater interest in taking time to do the same. I know that the Book of Mormon is true! I know that Joseph Smith, with only a 3rd grade education, could not have translated the Book of Mormon if it wasn't for the gift and power of God. 

I know that Christ lives. I love Him because He has done for me what no one else can ever do. Through His sacrifice, I have felt comfort, I have had peace, my storms have ceased, my burdens have been lifted, my tears wiped away. He is the Healer of our souls, if only we allow Him in. He helps us fight the battles until they are won! He is my Saviour. I am forever indebted to Him for what he has done for me.

Lastly, I am so grateful for the opportunity to have grown spiritually on my mission. At many times, we are directly guided to places and spots that show no immediate reward - people slamming doors, or no one home, etc. It could be very easy to say it wasn't a prompting, get discouraged, and become negative. However we know we were guided there. I know that in those times, as we choose to be humble, submissive, hopeful, meek, faithful, selfless, charitable the Lords builds us up, and prepares us for higher, holier work. It is in those hard times that He tests our hearts and when we respond positively, He knows He will be able to trust us.

Lots of love!

Sister Tatjana Zumbach

No comments:

Post a Comment