Tuesday 20 March 2018

New Everything!

Bonjour!!!!! Happy Spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Well, what a busy week! Sister Jones and I managed to pack up the car and drive safely to Edmonton for transfer the following day. 

I was able to see all my past companions! Sister Paxmen was assigned a different area, I was able to say 'bye to Sister Young who is now home after serving her 18 months, and Sister Machado is going to be one of Sister Jones' new companions! So that was all fun and exciting! 
 Sister Jones with her new companions, and me and Sister Z
Celebrated my 9 months!! Half way to go!

Now for what you're waiting for....

Sister Zazymko & Sister Zumbach = the Z team!
My new companion is awesome (but don't tell her I said so because she doesn't like that word haha)!!! Her name is Sister Zazymko! We are Sisters Z & Z! She has one transfer left so she will be flying home to Ukraine on my birthday... Not sure what I deserved to have that as a birthday present but, I'm excited for what I can learn from my fellow Z Sister... not only because she has her entire mission experience but because she also has life experiences! She will celebrate her 35th birthday a month after her return home. So yeah, it's been a blast and we are learning English together as fellow European citizens haha! 
Celebrating Sister Z 17 months


Now for my new area. We cover two areas (again). ? The Fort Saskatchewan Ward, and the Tofield Branch. This has been an adjustment, as I have been used to the small Branches in my last two areas. However, I have been able to meet quite a few of the members already and they are great! Another adjustment is that we share the Fort SK Ward with a set of Elders. I have not served with other missionaries so close, let alone in the same area! So far so good, we also have 7 companionships in our District instead of my last District that had 4 companionships  and our senior couple. We also meet in person with 5 out of the 7 companionships weekly (the other 2 companionships skype in), which is a little stressful but it will allow me to meet more of the missionaries in my Mission.   

We don't have that many people that we are teaching, so it means we are out doing some finding. We do have a young adult that we are teaching and she is going to be baptised in a couple of weeks, so that is exciting! 

For all departing missionaries, the last transfer of their mission they have to work on something called My Plan. Basically it makes them reflect on what their mission has taught them and what their plan is to continue applying the things they have learned and the skills they have developed. As I've been helping Sister Z with some of the questions, one has stood out to me. What has Jesus Christ done for me and how will I continue to use His Atonement? 
doing some studies

With Easter in just two weeks, I thought it was fitting that I would reflect on what my Saviour and Redeemer has done for me. I know that my mission has brought me closer to Him. I understand better how to draw upon His Atonement. We are all unique and He has gone through it all so that He may know how to succor us. So that we may be made clean and new though Him, enabling us to live with Him and our Heavenly Father for eternity.

I would invite you to read Alma 7 in the Book of Mormon, then ask yourself: What has Jesus Christ done for me and how will I continue to use His Atonement everyday?  

Lots of love!

Sister Tatjana Zumbach

No comments:

Post a Comment