Monday 3 July 2017

Departure

Hi to all! I fly out to Edmonton tomorrow, and have received special permission to write today. 

This is the third week in the life of a Sister Missionary! It has by far been the best!! As my companions and I would say, it was a hard week, that brought some amazing learning opportunities. 

Tuesday evening was so exciting! The three of us got a chance to sing in the choir during the Devotional. We sang Praise To The Man as it was the anniversary of the Prophet Joseph Smith's death. Our excitement was magnified when we had 10 out of the 12 Apostles walk into the room for the Devotional. Elder David A. Bednar and his wife were our speakers for the evening.

Wednesday we were able to host the new Sisters and Elders that arrived to the Missionary Training Centre. It was a lot of walking in the hot weather, but was so much fun! It reminded me of my first day here, and made me a little sad to be leaving... Later on in class, we (Sister A, Sister P & I) had the chance to teach our teachers, which turned out to be one of my favourite memories of my three weeks here. As we were teaching, I was told by the Holy Ghost what to say; so I said exactly that. It was such a unique experience that we stopped the lesson and talked about our calling as Missionaries. The three of us, with our teacher Sister Ekstrom, talked about our stresses, and all the emotions that had built up without realizing over the past few days. She told us that the Lord CAN and WILL bless His missionaries. I have decided to rely on the Lord to help me bless the lives of others.

The rest of the week was more relaxed with our new realisation. 

We sent off half of our District this morning really early!! Class was not the same this morning, and we really miss Sister A!! She and the three Elders should have arrived in Spokane, Washington by now. Sister P and I have been cleaning up our room and packing. We will leave tomorrow morning very early as well. 

Next email will come from the Edmonton Mission field!! 



Sister Zumbach

No comments:

Post a Comment