Tuesday 5 September 2017

Heart, Might, Mind & Strength

Hello from Edmonton City!!!!  

Sister Y and I have been doing lots of tracting (knocking on doors), this past week. We were super excited to come to the city Sunday afternoon for our exchanges with Sister G and Sister D!!!! I was able to spend the last 24 hours or so, with Sister G and learned some amazing things together!!!!! 


As the study topic for our exchange, I picked serving with all your heart, might, mind and strength. I will share what I have learned including some experiences.

I learned that serving with your heart is to be focused on my missionary purpose, to love the people, and the message I share with them. Sister G and I got lost on our way to a lesson yesterday. We eventually made it to our destination but we didn't find the lady were going to meet. As we were walking around, we saw this man walking in our direction. I stopped to say hi and then Sister G gave him a Book of Mormon, we all sat down and talked more about it. He had walked a long way (Lac La Biche) and we had been the only ones to talk to him!

Serving with your might has a lot to do with physical strength. As we give it our all, we should come home each day exhausted. We need to look at each day with new eyes.

Serving with all your mind means being creative (singing a rap about the Book of Mormon to a random person on the street–Sister G did that, wished I had filmed it!), or asking questions, or studying the scriptures. 

Sister G made me look at serving with all your strength in a new way. To me it now means that you use your talents and gifts in your service. I am surprised at how many times I spoke French to others in the city! 

I have one cool experience I want to share from our day of adventure before closing. We were headed back to the apartment, and passed by this guy that Sister G had talked to before. I did not know this and as we walked by he was thrusting his head backwards, into the ground... I called out, "Having a rough day...". Immediately he got up and started charging me. Sister G told me afterwards how panicked she had felt at the situation. I admit that my heart accelerated but became instantly calm. He got pretty close to me but suddenly stopped. He ran off in a different direction. Sister G and I can only describe it as angels creating a barrier between me and him. I am thankful for the protection that comes from serving the Lord, and from the faithful prayers of friends and family.

With much love, and gratitude,

Sister Tatjana Zumbach

No comments:

Post a Comment